Open Door Center is seeking Part Time Direct Support Professionals
Seeking motivated, responsible, fun individuals to join our growing team. DSP’s work to assist individuals in reaching their goals and dreams by supporting them in activities of daily living in their home and work settings.
Part Time DSP’s are able to work up to 30 hours a week with flexibility in their hours assigned.
Starting wage is $12.35 – $13.10/hr depending on area hired.
Assists each consumer to reach their personal goals by performing the following duties:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Protects consumer’s rights.
Assists with personal cares and personal appearance.
Provide training which promotes independence.
Enhance on-the-job training with training modules.
Monitors medical needs and assists with medication administration.
Assists with meal preparation.
Assists with maintenance of home.
Promotes integration into the community.
Documents activities of consumers.
Counsels people in identifying and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend objectives in a Support Plan.
- Ability to record and document in writing programming and daily activities of consumers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with situations, which may arise, with consumers or residence. Current driver’s license.
- Ability to speak English. Regularly required to talk or hear and to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Regularly required to walk and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception required.