Job Title: Full-Time Direct Support Professional
Department: Day Services
Reports To: Day Activity/Work Activity Supervisor
FLSA Status: Nonexempt Shift: Day
Where: Day & Residential Program – Lisbon, ND
Salary: $14.00 per hour with Benefits
People with disabilities have goals and dreams just as we all do. To provide quality services, people need to have support to achieve personal outcomes in the following areas:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Protects consumer’s rights.
Promotes dignity and respect.
Promotes natural support networks.
Provides protection from abuse, neglect, mistreatment and exploitation.
Ensures the best possible health.
Provides safe environments.
Assists with planning, scheduling, and production of work; individual/group discussion and training.
Provides training which promotes independence.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend objectives in a Support Plan.
- Ability to record and document in writing programming and daily activities of consumers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with situations, which may arise, with consumers or their work/volunteer site.
- Current driver’s license.
- Ability to speak English.
- Regularly required to talk or hear and to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Regularly required to walk and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally to frequently need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception required.
Please apply July 20th if interested – if not filled will be opened to outside applications after this date
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.