Job Title: Full Time Direct Support Professional
Reports To: ISLA Supervisors/ Program Director
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
People with disabilities have goals and dreams just as we all do. To provide quality services, people need to have support to achieve personal outcomes in the following areas:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Protects consumer’s rights.
Promotes dignity and respect.
Promotes natural support networks.
Provides protection from abuse, neglect, mistreatment and exploitation.
Ensures the best possible health.
Provides safe environments.
Provides training that promotes independence.
Directs Part-time Direct Support Professionals in the home. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems as appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read and comprehend objectives in a Support Plan.
- Ability to record and document in writing programming and daily activities of consumers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with situations which may arise with consumers or residence.
- Current driver’s license.
- Ability to speak English.
- Ability to calculate percent.
- Ability to manage and reconcile a checkbook.
- Ability to calculate and implement a budget.
- Regularly required to talk or hear and to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Regularly required to walk and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception required.